Monday, November 9, 2009

Someone in our household is sick....again!!!

It seems that we can't make it a month without someone getting sick. Miranda had had a cough for a couple weeks and then Friday didn't act like she felt too good. Our daycare said she had a good day, but that night started running a fever of 100.8. Not too high, but enough to let me know she didn't feel good. I slept with her most of the night in the recliner and she kept crying out. We were supposed to have family pictures with Gary's side of the family Saturday, but we had to cancel.

Malaya still really wanted to go to the farm so Saturday morning, we decided I would take Miranda to the dr. and Gary, Malaya & Shy would go home to the farm. At the dr. he asked how Miranda had been and I said really good that this was the only the second time she'd been sick in 7 months. He asked if she'd had any problems with her ears and I said nope - knock on wood. Well, right after I said that, he looked in her ears and her right ear had an infection....I couldn't believe it. When Malaya had an infection, I knew it!! But, I would have never guessed Miranda had one. Anyway, she also had thrush, which is a yeast infection on the roof of her mouth. Well, to get rid of it, they have to take this purple dye and put it all over in her mouth. Then anything the dye touches is ruined pretty much. The nurse said rubbing alcohol and simple green will take it out, but I washed everything 4 times and it didn't come out. That day was not fun trying to get that dye from getting on things.

Gary, Malaya & Shy had lots of fun on the farm. Papa John got a new tractor so they got to drive and ride in it.

My parents had the girls today. Miranda was still running a fever last night and kind of fussy so my parents had her today. It looks like they had lots of fun.
Daddy painting Malaya's nails
Malaya drying her nails
This is a perfect picture of Miranda's mouth
Malaya helping me vaccuum tonight
Malaya stacking blocks way high at Grandma & Papa's house
I thought this was a cute picture
Miranda at Grandma & Papa's house
Malaya & Papa Clark
This is Miranda & the Penguin. On Saturday I found the penguin in Malaya's toy box and Miranda just loves it!! I played it and she just started dancing and then moving her head left to right. Still today, when we play it, she does the same thing. Sure puts a smile on your face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment