My office was closed on Veterans Day so the girls & I baked Thanksgiving Cookies!! We had so much fun! At one point when we were getting ready to mix the frosting, I had just added the powdered sugar, and then I had Malaya turn on the mixer. I should have thought that she'd turn it on all the way, but I didn't. Sure enough, it goes full blast and powdered sugar goes everywhere - and she was covered. The look on her face was pricess!!
Saturday Gary & Shylow left the house at 4am to go hunting back home. When Malaya got up, she told me that daddy was hunting and when she was this big (she held her hand over her head) she would get to go hunting with daddy too. It was so cute. He called at 7:30 and got his deer. It was a 4x5.
Sheila came down Saturday morning and took Malaya shopping with her for a few hours. Then they came back and she took both girls home with her so I got a whole day to myself!! I think it's the first time I've been by myself since Miranda was born. I finished Miranda's baby book online at Shutterfly (well, birth - 2 months). I am really excited and I think it'll be so nice. I already started Malaya's in a scrapbook album so someday I need to get her's going again!! Then I made a scrubbie and started watching season 1 of Two & a Half Men.
I got up this morning and made myself a pot of coffee and I am playing on the computer. My sister emailed me and said both girls slept all night - don't quite understand that b/c Miranda's been getting up 3 times a night with me!!
Malaya rolling out the dough - notice the Mortensen tongue!
Malaya cutting out the cookies
Malaya & Mommy
Malaya eating the cookie dough
I love this picture
Malaya after powdered sugar went everywhere
Miranda playing while we are frosting cookies
Baked Cookies
Malaya eating the sprinkles - notice who is peeking at the cookies
Malaya putting sprinkles on the cookies
Fosted Cookies
Our Mess
I wanted a picture of both girls - but Miranda was not happy with me
Miranda playing on the floor
She was having lots of fun

No comments:
Post a Comment