This weekend Gary worked on re-doing our deck. He took off all the plywood / carpet and got it down to just the frame. Then he started re-building it. I will post pictures of this project soon... Well, Malaya was his big helper this weekend and while working - she found a new friend. I was in the house changing Miranda and here comes Malaya - "Mommy - look". I turned around and here she is with a grasshopper in her hand. I told her to take it outside - I could just see a grasshopper getting lost in our house. I followed her outside and asked Gary if he put her up to that and he said no - she wanted to show me and he told Malaya that I wasn't going to be happy. He said she was so proud of that grasshopper because she caught it all by herself.
A little while later she came in and asked for a towel. She was trying to get it one handed - I asked her why she couldn't use her other hand and then it donned on me - the other hand was holding her shirt and in her shirt was the grasshopper. Out of the house we went again. The next thing I know is Gary got her a water bottle and put the grasshopper in the bottle and polked a hold on the top for it to have air. By the end of the day, there were 3 grasshoppers in the bottle. As of now, I don't know where the bottle is - I'm hoping outside somewhere and not lost in the house. Anyway, I asked Malaya if I could take pictures of her and her new friend and here they are....

No comments:
Post a Comment