We started the new daycare on July 13th. The first day didn't go so bad. Malaya didn't cry too much when I dropped off, but cried when I picked her up. I thought - she must be really happy to see mommy!! Then Tuesday she did not want to go to Debbie's. Around 3:15 at work, I got a phone call from Debbie that Malaya was throwing up so I headed right over to pick her up. She had thrown up 4 times there so we headed home. Once at home, she never threw up again, but you could tell she did not feel good. She kept saying that her tummy hurt. I stayed home with her on Wednesday and we went back Thursday. We were supposed to head home Thursday night for the funeral Friday, but after I picked her up, you could tell she did not feel good, so we stayed here. Friday was the funeral and then Saturday we headed to Spearfish to go to the festival in the park. Sunday morning around 1:30am Gary & I both woke up with the flu. I had it worse than him and Miranda slept through it for the most part. When she woke up at 4:30, we knew there was no way we could take care of the girls, so I called my parents to see if they could come get them. They said they'd come right away. So, by Sunday evening we were feeling better and my parents were just going to keep the girls while we went to work Monday. We got a phone call at 2am Monday morning and mom said both her and dad had the flu, so we headed to Spearfish to get the girls. We got home around 5am and there was no way we were going to work, plus we didn't feel the greatest anyway. My parents had it worse than we did so I felt really bad. In the end, us, Malaya, my parents, Gary's dad and brother and his brother's girlfriend all got the flu!
Needless to say, daycare wasn't going the greatest - the first week she was only there 3 days - then the next week 4 days and finally this week, we made it 5 days. It has gotten better and everytime I call, Debbie says the girls are fine. Debbie says Malaya is very well behaved and that Miranda is such a happy baby!! So, that makes me feel good. Malaya gives Debbie hugs and says bye when we leave, so I know she's fine and that she's just playing me when she cries everytime. I think Malaya is a lot like me with not dealing well with change, so it just takes awhile.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You forgot to include me in the crew who got the flu!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry - I thought I did... whoops
ReplyDelete