Saturday, April 3, 2010

Way too Long!!!

Gary turned 27 on March 7th and I made him his favorite meal - lasagna. He had a good day.

I am the farthest behind I have been since I started my blog. The real estate agent we bought our house from has season tickets to the Rush Hockey Games. On March 12th, he was going to be gone so he gave us his tickets. Gary's parents watched the girls for us and we had a night to ourselves. Papa John is calving so Malaya got to pet the baby calves. On Saturday we did some more unpacking and errands and then we went to the farm and stayed at their house that night.

Miranda got tubes in her ears on March 18th. Gary had come down with strept throat the day before so I took her by myself. She did really well. The nurses were fighting over who got to "have" her. It was crazy because when Malaya got her tubes last April, Miranda was 3 weeks old. When Miranda got hers, we were in the same room as Malaya's. She did really well and the Dr. said that she had puss in both ears and she would not have gotten any better without the tubes, so we are really thankful we had them done.
Then I have had a cough for about 10 days and on the night of the 17th before Miranda's tubes, I woke up at 3:00 in the morning and I could not breathe. My back and chest hurt so bad. Around 3:30 Miranda had woken up so I got up with her and finally had to give her to Gary because I wasn't going to make it. I hopped in a really hot shower and that helped me breathe better. After I finished with Miranda's tubes and got home, I handed her to Gary and told him I was going to the dr. The Dr. gave me a nebulizer treatment, took blood, and took X-Rays. My white blood count was 20,000 and normal is 10,000 so I had a bacterial infection and the xrays showed that I had pneumonia in both lungs. The Dr. said I looked really good for as sick as I was. She gave me 2 antibiotics and I was to come back tomorrow for more blood work.

I headed home and called my parents to see if they could come get the girls, and they were here by noon. I also went to the chiropractor and that helped so I could breathe. I went back to the Dr. that next morning and my blood count was down to 11,800. She couldn't believe how much it had come down.

On Saturday I was supposed to host my sister's bridal shower, which mom had to take over. On Sunday I was supposed to go to Chicago to attend a conference for work and that didn't happen either. We finally got the girls back on Monday. We missed them so much. I went back to work on Wednesday. I was feeling pretty good, but I was sooooo tired. I went back for another checkup after 10 days when my medicine was gone and the Dr. did more xrays. They showed that I still had some pneumonia and to come back in a month for more. I guess it can take up to 6 weeks for the pneumonia to completely go away after you feel better. I am hoping I never get it again - it was awful!!!

Some of our friends gave us their daughter's dress up clothes and dress up is now Malaya & Miranda's favorite new thing to do!!
Miranda & Daddy on Daddy's birthday
Daddy wanted a Dairy Queen cake for his birthday
A couple weeks ago it was in the 60's still after I got off work so took the girls to the park and they had so much fun
Miranda swinging
Malaya going down the slide - I couldn't get her to go down it and then I couldn't get her off it!
Shylow
Malaya wearing daddy's vest
Miranda loves to put things on her head
Miranda walking with her sandals on
The girls playing with their books
Malaya playing dress up
Miranda playing dress up
Great-Grandpa Paul sent this cuddle blanket to Miranda for her 1st birthday
I just thought this was a cute picture of the girls
Grandma Twila & Malaya petting the baby calves
Malaya said the baby calves were so soft

No comments:

Post a Comment