I have no idea where 12 weeks has gone!! It really can't be time for me to go back to work - can it? I have had so much fun on my maternity leave. 12 weeks really doesn't seem like enough time, but I know I was very fortunate because some people hardly get 4 weeks! As I look back, I can't believe how much I have grown over 12 weeks. Having a second child was definitely easier than the first, but the difficult part has been balancing both of them. At first, while Gary was at work, the days seemed very long and I couldn't wait for him to get home to help out. By the end, I had no problems watching both of them and when Gary got home I'd think - are you off already? Now don't get me wrong - I still enjoy my breaks away and his help :) I guess what I'm trying to say is I LOVE having 2 daughters!
The week didn't start off as planned. Miranda and I came down with colds over the weekend so we weren't feeling the greatest. We headed to the chiropractor on Monday and I even decided to get adjusted. Dr. Lisa says an adjustment boosts your immune system, and I decided to give it a try. I was feeling much better by Tuesday. On Tuesday I was supposed to leave both girls all day at Michele's for another trial run and have the day all to myself. Well, since Miranda was still sick I decided to keep them both home. I called Michele to tell her and she told me she had bad news. She said that she was closing her daycare and her last day would be July 10th. We really liked Michele and Malaya loved going to her house. Needless to say when I got off the phone, I cried and cried. I couldn't believe this was happening - 2 days before I go back to work.
I started on the phone and was calling daycare after daycare. I had emailed everyone I knew with small children to see if their daycare had openings. Everyone seemed to have an opening for Malaya, but I was not willing to separate the girls. No luck on Tueday....On Wednesday I found a place with an opening for both. All of us went and interviewed her that night. She has been doing daycare for 30 years, plus she has 7 children, so she obviously loves children and what she does. Malaya started talking to her right away and warmed up well and she answered all my questions with answers I liked. However, she can't start the girls until July 13th. We decided in the transition to not take the girls back to Michele's. Since I will now be working full time, we decided it'd be easier on the girls to stay with my parents and my sister instead of back to Michele's for 2 weeks and then a new daycare. The timing wasn't good by the way of me going back to work, but good in the fact that my sister had just finished summer school and my parents retired. Plus, the new place I found is a lot closer than where Michele lived. But, we will still go visit Michele - she will always be special to us!
On Wednesday morning, I took the girls to Storybook Island. Malaya had so much fun. She is usually scared of everything, but not today. She wanted to do everything - there were a lot of kids around so I think that helped too. We even went to the theater production that day 2 times. I also spoiled her by us having ice cream for lunch. Then she wanted to ride the train. It is supposed to be nice this weekend so I am hoping we can go back there.
I have now made it through 2 days of work. It is definitely going to be hard to get back in the swing of things and used to leaving the girls. I really miss them while I'm at work, but I know they're well taken care of.
Well, it's been a very emotional week and I am hoping next week is better. We are headed out to Hart Ranch for the 4th of July weekend! Have a great week!
12 Weeks
Working on Tummy Time
Miranda learned to roll over

No comments:
Post a Comment