My days have all begun to run together that I can't even remember what I did yesterday. Guess that's a mommy thing - too busy trying to keep everyone's schedules.
I had an eye apt last week and one of the lady's who works there and her husband are friend of ours. We were talking about Miranda and how she is pretty fussy, especially at night and won't go to anybody but me (not even Gary). She was asking me if I had ever taken her to a chiropractor. I gave her a strange look and said no. She gave me the name of the lady she goes to and said to give her a call. I had started to get very nervous because the number of days before I have to go back to work were getting smaller and smaller, so I figured - what do I have to lose. I went in that afternoon (Thursday) for a consultation and the Dr. explained why all babies should see a chiropractor. What she said made sense so she was touching Miranda and told me that her neck, spine, and butt were out of alignment. She adjusted her that day and wanted to see her the next. Went back in the next day (Friday) and her neck and butt were out again. After that day, Miranda has been so much better. She has started sleeping through the night and is in such better humor. She will lay on the floor and play and let other people hold her. We went back on Tuesday and all 3 were out again. I questioned when will she stay "in". The Dr. said she'll never stay "in" forever - no one does - because we live life. It just depends on how you want to use chiropractic care. So, I guess for now, it's working great and Miranda has been such a different baby - much happier. We go in again on Monday (22nd). I'm not sure I understand how or why it's working, but it is. Maybe someday Malaya and I will get adjusted too - just have to take it day by day for now.
Since Miranda was doing so well and Mom and Dad had taken Malaya for the weekend camping at Hart Ranch, Gary and I decided to try a motorcycle ride since it was so nice out. I called one of my co-workers who has offered before to watch Miranda for us and she was available. We rode for 1.5 hours and went up through Keystone and Mt. Rushmore. Then on Sunday we came out to Hart Ranch and Mom and Dad kept both girls and we got to go on another 2 hour ride through the Needles Highway in Custer State Park. It was just beautiful and so nice for Gary & I to get away - even if just for a couple hours.
Grandma Twila came up on Monday (15th) to spend the day with us. We took the girls to Old McDonald's Farm. Malaya had lots of fun, although she's at that stage where she's scared of everything. We did get her to finally ride the train and then she wanted to ride it again. I don't have any pictures to share from the day because they're all on Twila's camera.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were trial daycare runs at Michele's. Tuesday and Thursday I tried to have the girls there by 7am and needless to say it was a good thing I didn't really have to be at work because I would have been so late.... The good thing is that both girls did really well. Miranda took the bottle, took naps, and let the other kids play with her. Michele said she would just sit and the other kids would make her laugh. I feel so much better knowing it went well and will make going back to work easier. On this coming Tuesday, both girls will go for a whole day and then on Thursday I go back to work full time :(
We are up at Hart Ranch for the weekend. We came up last night. Dad's retirement party is on Saturday so I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures to post for next week. As for this week, the only pictures I have are some of the girls.
Malaya let me put her hair in pigtails for the first time. I think she looks adorable and a lot like mommy :)
The girls playing on the floor
Miranda loves her big sister!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment