April 26, 2009 was a very special day for our family. Miranda Rae became a child of God as she was baptized today. Her Godparents are Sheila Mortensen and Sanden and Elaine Simons. When we woke up that morning we weren't sure if her Godparents were going to make it. We had seen on the news the night before that snow was in the forecast, and we woke up to 3 inches of snow and it was still snowing. It seemed only fitting that it would snow this day because I had made it through 3 blizzards without going into labor, so we couldn't go without snow on her baptismal day. Pastor Chris Lockie at Zion Lutheran Church baptized her. After the service we had everyone over to our house for sloppy joes, chips, salads, and strawberry shortcake. Miranda received many nice gifts that will help remind her of this day.
Miranda Rae in her baptismal outfit Grandpa and Grandma Naescher bought her. Our next door neighbor's mother made the afghan we used.

My family and us
Aunt Bonnie and Miranda
Dick and Miranda
Miranda and me
Miranda

Hi Sommerlyn,
ReplyDeleteSo glad you figured out how to post! It was great to read something from you. I have lots of people who read the blog and so many send me emails and hardly anyone posts. I love the posts!!
Yes, the pets become so much a part of our family and our lives. I really take it hard.
It looks like Miranda had a beautiful day. What a precious baby she is. I can't believe in the photos I've seen of her how alert and aware she looks. What a blessing.
It is so fun to get to see the photos and hear about what is going on. Feels like I am there!! Thanks for sharing!
Hello! I agree - it's kind of fun reading all the posts and being able to keep up to date on everyone and everyone on us too!!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean abou the pets. I still cry over Chillee - I miss him soooo much.
Miranda is such an alert baby - she's been that way since birth. It is so much fun watching her facial expressions. Gary & I are so blessed with our 2 girls!!