I can't believe it's already 2 weeks into 2012. I've kind of held off on my blog, hoping I'd get some more pictures from Twila from Christmas, but I won't be getting them anytime soon. On Jan 4th, Gary's Grandma fell and broke her hip. The doctors recommended surgery so they went ahead with it and she came out well. A week after being in the hospital, Lorraine has stopped eating & drinking. Last Wednesday, the 11th, they had to move her to hospice. Twila, Glen & Bart have been with her continually. As of today, she's still doing okay. She's breathing well and sleeping soundly. They are just trying to keep her comfortable. We will be heading home for her funeral, but for now we are saying lots of prayers.
I sat Malaya down to tell her about Great-Grandma and I told her that we've been praying for God to heal Great-Grandma and she interupts me and says, is she better? I told her no that sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers how we want to. I said God has a plan for each one of us. Malaya asked what God's plan for Great-Grandma was. I told her that He wants her to go to Heaven to live with Him. She very quickly responds - that's a GREAT plan Mom!! I said you understand that means she won't be living here anymore. She said, I know Mom, but she will be alive in Heaven with God!! I said you are right. To have the Faith of a 5 year old!! I was very proud of her!
We took Paige to the Vet and she was 14.4 pounds at 8 weeks old.
Malaya also had her first sleep over on Friday. Hannah, her friend from school whose house she stayed at in early December, stayed the night. They had so much fun.
Other than Lorraine, it's been a very quiet couple of weeks. The weather has been beautiful so we've been outside whenever we can. Here are some pictures from January!
 |
| Paige liked to curl up under Bart's feet |
 |
| I couldn't find Miranda and here she was outside |
 |
| Paige |
 |
| Look how much Paige has grown |
 |
| Paige |
 |
| Our sweet girls! |
 |
| Paige loves to sleep in this basket |
 |
| Miranda before church yesterday |
 |
| Grandma made these hair pieces for the girls for Christmas |
 |
| The girls in the outfits Grandma Twila got them for Christmas |
 |
| Sisters |
 |
| Sweet Malaya |
 |
| Our stylish girl |
No comments:
Post a Comment