Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sick, Sick & More Sick

I have had a rough couple of weeks. I got bronchitis 2 weeks ago and was put on an antibiotic. Then 5 days later I still wasn't better so went back to the doctor and he changed my antibiotic and gave me a steroid. Well, this past Tuesday morning I woke up and had an asthma attack. I started coughing and couldn't breathe. It was the scariest thing ever. I ran out to the kitchen and told Gary to call 9-1-1 and he said to calm down and go outside. He did grab the phone and was about to call when FINALLY I was able to get some air. He was 10 min from leaving for work and I was so thankful he was home because I don't know what would have happened if he wasnt. I went back to the doctor that morning and he gave me another dose of prednizone. He told me to take my nebulizer every 4 hours and to try some mucinex as well. I have been doing better, but am still having mild attacks when I cough. I just have so much stuff to cough up that I think it gets caught in my throat and when I try to breathe in, it blocks my airway.  I just want to be healthy. But, I am glad it's me than one of the girls or Gary!!

Gary's grandma hasn't been doing well. Her alzheimers and dementia have gotten so bad. Twila & Glen had to admit her into the psych ward of the hospital on Saturday, Twila's 59th birthday. Lorraine didn't know Twila at all that day so it was not a good birthday for her. But, they had no other options for her. She has been turned over to the state and they are transferring her to Yankton on Saturday. They have a specific facility there to treat her condition so we're praying it helps her out.

So....between Gary's grandma and my sickness, we had to cancel our plans to head back to South Dakota on Saturday. We were so disappointed because we had lots of fun things planned. But, I know it's not the right time to go back. So, instead, my parents are going to come down here on Saturday and stay until Thursday morning. We are VERY excited - the girls can hardly wait for them to get here.

Well, believe it or not, I do not have any new pictures to post. I guess I just haven't felt good and so haven't taken any pictures. I'm sure I'll have lots to post after this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment