We made it to our new home. Gary came home on the 27th and we had lots of last minutes things to do and still had quite a bit lef to pack. Thankfully my mom helped and then Larry helped load on Friday as well. Mom, Dad, Bonnie, Gary, the girls, and I headed out on the 30th for Madrid. We made it by afternoon and got everything unloaded. Gary & I had everything unpacked by Wednesday, but that was just the essentials.
We are enjoying our new home. I am loving staying at home with the girls. It is so different not having to go into work and sometimes I still think I'm just on vacation. I think the girls are loving it too!! We've been going to the library once a week and usually have to run into Grant once or twice a week for something. Gary passes the grocery store in Grant on his way home so he usually has to grab something for me.
I venture out that first week and made a trip to North Platte to the Walmart and to get some fans at Menards. It wasn't a bad drive at all....about 60 miles from here. I did see they have a Starbucks so that will definitely be on the stopping list when we go there :)
We also have a clothes line so I've been hanging clothes out to dry!! Most of our neighbors around us are Mennonite's. They are very nice and they own a General Store next to our house. Every Thursday they have Baked Good Thursday and they have homemade cinnamon rolls, breads and rolls. I have been over there every Thursday. Their bread is soooo good! I've been freezing it and then I have it when we want it. They also have Wisconsin cheese and it's yummy!!
We did finally close on our house August 5th so everything is officially done!! We are just so thankful we sold it that fast.
I was asked to watch a 3 month old girl and decided to go ahead and try it. Her name is Ryleigh and she's a good baby. She only cries when she's hungry or needs a diaper change. The girls love her and they are pretty helpful, well, Malaya is.....Miranda likes to smuggle the baby. Watching 3 is definitely a lot of work, but it's getting better every day.
Gary is really enjoying his job. He's doing something different all the time. Although, I don't know how he works in this heat! It has been so hot and humid down here.
Malaya started preschool today. The elementary school in Grant started a preschool this year. She will go Monday - Thursday from 8-11. I hope she can meet some new friends and I think it will be very beneficial for her. She is so excited to get started.
Well, I think that's about 3 weeks in a nutshell. Here are some pictures.
 |
| The board in Miranda's room at the YMCa said this on her last day |
 |
| My dept went out to lunch my last day and we all ate this compliment dessert at Sliders |
 |
| Miranda watching her movie in the car - she's stylin! |
 |
| The girls dressing in winter clothes when it's 100 degrees outside |
 |
| Miranda in her cowgirl hat |
 |
| Malaya being goofy in her cowgirl hat |
 |
| The girls crusin' in their barbie car from Great-Grandpa Paul |
 |
| I fixed the girls' hair |
 |
| The back of their hair |
 |
| Uncle Mike & Aunt Sheila sent each of the girls a package in the mail |
 |
| New Clothes! |
 |
| Grandpa John & Grandma Twila sent the girls these outfits in the mail |
 |
| Miranda in her outfit |
 |
| Malaya in her outfit |
 |
| More posing |
 |
The girls posing |
 |
| The girls loving on Shylow |
 |
| Miranda & Malaya on Malay's 1st day of Preschool |
 |
| Malaya's 1st day of Preschool |
No comments:
Post a Comment