Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Madrid Day

August 27, 2011 was Madrid Day. It's a day where there are events all day for families. The day started with a parade and then a lunch. Then  there were kid games. The girls did a penny scramble. They found all these pennies and then came home and put it in their piggy bank. Then they did a buggy ride and also got to ride in a Firetruck. We played kids' bingo, had supper, and ended the night with a dance. Gary had to work on Saturday so he missed out on most of the fun.

Malaya started preschool last week and I think she likes it. When I picked her up on Monday, she got in the car and said she had a really fun day!!! 

When we came down in June to see the town, I had scouted out a lady at the park to see her opinion on the town. Little did I know when I talked to her that we'd be living very close - she lives just a few houses down from us. Her daughter is in Malaya's class and they get along well.  We decided that instead of both of us taking our own daugters every morning to take turns driving in the morning. So, she's going to drive one week and me the next. When I'm driving, I have 4 kiddos in the car :) 

Here are a few pictures.


The girls riding in the firetruck

The horse & buggy in the parade

On a buggy ride

Miranda holding baby Ryleigh. I think it looks like she's holding a baby doll

No comments:

Post a Comment