Monday, June 3, 2013

Our 10 Year Anniversary

We had a wonderful anniversary day.  Gary took the day off and he ran to Ogallala.  When he got back he gave me my gift.  I got an Open Heart Ring and 2 roses.  Oh and some blackberry moonshine too, which is actually very good!!  Shar kept the girls over night for us so we could go out. Gary took me to a restaurant called Bayside up by Lake Mac.  It was really good. We shared a steak and walleye. Then we went back to Grant and went to 310 Central for drinks and visited with some friends. It was just such a fun day.

Okay, I'm going to back up to May 22nd.  I had to take Malaya to her eye appointment in Kearney for her check up. She had a good checkup so that's great.  The day before Malaya had asked Miranda if she was going to get her ears pierced and Miranda said yes. I mentioned it to Gary to see if he cared and he said he didn't, but that she would chicken out so we really didn't need to discuss it. I said okay. So, we are in Kearney then and getting ready to head to the mall and Malaya says - Miranda are you getting your ears pierced. Miranda says yes, but asks Malaya how bad it hurts. Malaya said it only hurts for a minute. So, then Malaya wanted me to tell Miranda how long a minute is. So, I do and we get to the mall. I asked Miranda if she wanted to get her ears pierced before we did our shopping and she said yes. So, we head over to Claire's.  There is only 1 person working and a 2nd wouldn't come in for 7 hours. She assured me she could do both ears and explained to Miranda what she would do. So, Miranda hops up in the chair and she does both ears and Miranda doesn't even cry!!!  Malaya is dumbfounded how she was older than Miranda when she got hers done and she cried and Miranda didn't. Malaya then stewed all day and finally came up with an answer - Malaya had 2 done at the same time and that's why it hurt more :) Miranda then called Gary to tell him and he couldn't believe she had really done it. She is so proud of her earrings!!!

Okay, so after our anniversary was Memorial Day Weekend and we finally got to take the boat out.  We were pretty nervous, but we did it so I was proud of ourselves.  We tried fishing, but didn't catch anything. We did go and park the boat at a little beach and had so much fun. It was great family time.

We had been told the lot behind us was for sale and we have always wanted to buy it. So, we called the owners and they said it was for sale, so we jumped on it. It's been a long process of them removing the 8 bins, but it was finally done. We officially owned it on our anniversary and then on Memorial Day the sellers came to try to take off as much more of that rotted corn as they could. Gary helped them for quite awhile and then we did lots of yard work and planted our garden.

Well, this past weekend, Gary used the bobcat from his work and got all the cement up and all the dirt worked.  It's an incredible difference.  I wish I had taken pictures of what it looked like, but didn't take any until this weekend. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment