Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

On October 10th, I got to chaperone a field trip for Malaya's preschool. We went to a pumpkin patch in Champion, NE about 45 min from Grant. There were 10 adults and 32 children. We each had 3 kids (me 4 with Miranda) to watch. We got to walk around the pumpkins & the pond. Then we took a hayride to the corn maze. It is WAY harder than you think to watch kids and not let them get lost in the maze!! I actually lost Miranda for a minute - she got too far ahead of me!!  We also ate our picnic lunch and then the kids got to play on the swing set for awhile. Everyone had a great time, but I do think the highlight was the BUS ride!!! 

Well, I turned 31 on the 11th!!!  It seems like yesterday I was dreading my 30th birthday and now somehow my 31st showed up. Gary & the girls baked me a jello cake and we opened gifts that night. I got this wonderful sipping white chocolate that's wonderful and also a plaque on family rules.

One of the families we've really gotten to know at church and really enjoy lost their hired man right before corn picking was to start. Gary offered to help in anyway they needed it. Well, this past Saturday Ron & Diane said they would sure take his help. He worked from 8-8 that day. The girls & I got to go out as well and ride around in the combine & the tractor. We were there for 5 hours! The girls LOVED it and cried all the way home when I said it was time to leave. It was a great family day!!! 


Miranda, Hannah, Malaya & Pearl

They had these blow up decorations all over

Look at all the pumpkins

Malaya's classmates

Malaya's class & teachers

The hayride

Miranda liked this lady

Hannah, Pearl, Miranda & Malaya

My birthday gifts

The girls & me on my birthday

Gary & I on my birthday

Miranda & her stylin' outfit

Malaya & her stylin' outfit

The girls in their stylin' outfits playing barbies

Diane & Malaya in the combine

Gary & Malaya in the combine unloading into the grain trailer pulled by the tractor Miranda & I were in

Miranda in the combine

Miranda & Daddy

The combine unloaded in the grain trailer while we were still picking corn

One of the combines & tractor

Gary driving the combine

No comments:

Post a Comment